Cultural Analysis Toolkit
By Judd Allen, Ph.D.
Cultures are highly complex systems of social influences. Culture influences behavior through shared values, norms, formal and informal policies and procedures, peer support, and social climate. Cultural analysis makes it possible to tap into both the visible and less visible influences that shape behavior.
The Cultural Analysis Toolkit features both quantitative and qualitative tools in the form of surveys and interview protocol that assess cultural support for health and productivity. These field-tested tools are used in the initial assessment of the culture and the ongoing evaluation of culture change initiatives.
The Cultural Analysis Toolkit includes sample surveys, implementation guides, sample reports and related journal article reprints. The following tools are included in the toolkit.
- The Lifegain Wellness Culture Survey measures five dimensions of culture as they relate to healthy lifestyle practices. The survey also assesses lifestyle improvement efforts.
- The Work Climate Survey assesses three social climate factors (sense of community, shared vision and positive outlook). Climate is a key determinant of personal and organizational growth.
- The Personal Wellness StrengthsBuilder assesses individual’s personal support systems, lifestyle improvement interests, lifestyle strengths, and lifestyle improvement knowledge and skills. This strengths-based approach to personal assessment empowers individuals and organizations to move forwards.
- The WellnessNow Survey assists in the creation of a local wellness resource directory. It gathers information about the best local wellness professionals, places and organizations for staying fit, eating well, managing stress, pursuing personal growth, and having healthy fun with family and friends.
- The Cultural Support Interview gathers qualitative information about the culture. It helps determine the best culture change approaches for groups and sub-groups within complex organizations.
$34.95 plus $5 shipping. Call (802) 862-8855 for volume pricing. Price includes online access to a recorded train-the-trainer webinar about cultural analysis tools featured in the book.